Dr. Mark Owens
Growing up in West Tennessee, Dr. Mark graduated from White Station High School in Memphis, TN before moving to Murfreesboro, TN to earn his pre-dental degree from Middle Tennessee State University. While in Murfreesboro, he met and married his wife of 11 years, Kristy. Following graduation from MTSU they moved to Memphis so Dr. Mark could attend the University of Tennessee, College of Dentistry, to complete his Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 2005. After their first son was born they moved back to middle Tennessee where Dr. Mark worked as a general dentist in Shelbyville. After three years of private practice, Dr. Mark decided to return to the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis to specialize in orthodontics and earn a Master of Dental Science degree following a three-year orthodontic residency.
“I knew I needed to obtain specialized orthodontic training if I was going to provide the level of care that patients deserve.”
-Dr. Mark Owens
The Owens’ family now has three boys, Mark, Luke, and Rhett. They are excited to be living in east Tennessee and having the Great Smoky Mountains as their backyard. Dr. Mark’s interests include spending time with his family, coaching and supporting youth athletics, and most outdoor activities, including hobby farming and trout fishing in the Smoky Mountains.
Dr. Mark enjoys practicing orthodontics with Dr. Baker and is committed to providing the highest quality orthodontic care and service for all of his patients.
He also is a member of the American Dental Association, American Association of Orthodontists, Tennessee Association of Orthodontists, Second District Dental Society, and the Blount County Dental Society.
Background and Dental Activities
- American Association of Orthodontists, Member
- American Dental Association, Member
- Tennessee Association of Orthodontists, Member
- Southern Association of Orthodontists, Member
- Tennessee Dental Association, Member
- Second District Dental Society, Member
- Blount County Dental Society, Vice President
- Christian Medical and Dental Association, Member
- Invisalign® Certified Provider
- Charles H. Tweed International Foundation, Member
Awards and Honors
- Dean’s Odontological Society
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement
- Dr. Kenneth L. Frame Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Achievement
- Graduated with High Honors from the University of Tennessee, Memphis, School of Dentistry